Friday, June 14, 2013

Natalia | The Daintiest Little Cake Smasher | Rhode Island first birthday photographer

Natalia
A Cake Smash Story

Whelp.   I'm oh say, months behind on this blog post?!  Face palm!  How could I possibly have delayed a post this sweet is beyond me!  Let's hope better late than never rings true! :)  
Natalia, the daintiest of cake smashers visited my studio a couple months back, and let me tell you, it. was. a. BLAST!  First of all, please take a look at how beyond adorable she is... I mean come on, how could it not be a blast, and photographer's dream session?!


Biggest blue eyes, and sweetest, most pinchable cheeks goes to this lady (she takes after her equally adorable big sister Liliana no doubt!)  She chose her birthday month well, as I had just finished up a custom backdrop, that was beyond perfect for this little princess!  
We listened to the tunes of Laurie Berkner, and I think I may have even included one or two blasts from my own past with Raffi... one clearly needs to set the mood for a rockin cake smash session no?! 
Mom, Michelle came uber prepared as I knew only she could, with a slew of gorgeous dresses to choose from!  (Thanks Michelle, I bow to you and your shopping prowess!)  
We decided on this adorbs dress, the perfect pink to bring out those rosy cheeks, and coordinate to perfection with her custom set!

Clearly, every diva needs some pearls...she loved them!  
I admit, this session ran way over... I couldn't stop myself from snapping more and MORE and MOREEE photos of this little doll!  If you were me you would have done the same!  
Yep. Adorable.
We of course had a beautiful cake make for this cutie patutie!  The wonderful Nancy of Nancies Fancies created a beautiful ruffle cake, with ballet pink icing, and the yummiest raspberry filling!  As mom and I plopped this gorgeous creation in front of Natalia, she was ready to go to town... but my camera wasn't up yet!  So mom quickly scooted it away just a bit so we could be sure to capture that first taste of cake! 

Backfired.


Never, ever, ever scoot a cake away from the birthday girl.  Just don't do it.  
Is it awful that this is one of my favorite shots?  Perhaps.

Don't worry we turned it around and she every so gingerly smashed that cake!


Oh, and that adorable pettiskirt?  Yes that was another of the gorgeous dresses mom brought, and she had the amazing idea to turn the top inside and make it a cake smash skirt!! Genius. 

After a while she really got into it and was smashing like a seasoned pro!
Ahh...success!




All in all, it was a huge success!  



Happy Birthday (again, and quite belated), Natalia!!





  



2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous girl! Love all your details shots and of course, the crying shot is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute girl, pretty cake, great photos! Love the crying shot as well!

    ReplyDelete

This site was made with love by Angie Makes